Making your problems visible is the key to good decision making and a quick response to negative performance trends. This principle also provides the structure to good team work and funnelled communication.
From operator level to board level
Examples of some key lessons addressed in this training are as follows:
- 5 S
- ‘Make your problems visible’
- Structure your team’s thinking process
- Visualisation of Input and Output characteristics
- Don’t visualise and measure everything – Focus on Bottlenecks
- The importance of simple and current data
- Shaping the visualisation system around the individual environment
Despite the fact that this powerful tool can already have a big impact on an operational environment when rolled out on its own, it is even more beneficial in combination with other principles as all following activities will be easier with a basic visualisation system already in place.